Exhibitor Online Application
August 10-11, 2019
Saturday 10 AM-5 PM
Sunday 11 AM-4 PM
Revised Application Due Dates
10’ x 10’ Space (Artist/Artisan) – $300 –
Application received before Apr 1
10’ x 10’ Space (Artist/Artisan) – $350 –
Application received after Apr 1
It is our goal to make this Festival one of, if not, the premier arts and artisans event in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Join us in making this happen!
The Spotsy Art Festival (SAF) is offering the following prizes:
- Award of Excellence (Festival overall Best in Show) — $1,000
- Best in Show (Jewelry) — $500
- Honorable Mention — $500
- Judge’s Choice — $900 (3 awards)
The winners will be selected by the FESTIVAL’s JURY COMMITTEE, the decision of the Jury is final.
Prizes will be awarded at the Exhibitors Reception on Saturday night.
- Bath and Body
- Ceramics & Glass: Functional and sculptural work is accepted. Kiln forming, blowing, molding or casting, as well as all cold working processes are permitted.
- Digital Art: Two-dimensional work created by the artist using computer technologies.
- Fiber: All work created from fibrous materials, such as baskets, leather, books, embroidery, paper, quilts, weavings, felting, etc.; both wearable and non-wearable.
- Fine Arts/Graphics: All pieces of art created with the use of chalk, charcoal, pastels, papers, pencils and ink, watercolors, oil, alcohol inks and acrylic paintings.
- Furniture: Original, handmade furniture designed and fabricated using raw/unfinished material.
- Gourmet Food Products: Packaged dips, food, or desserts.
- Jewelry: Objects created with the intent to be worn as ornamentation by fabricating various materials including gems, fine metals and semi-precious stones.
- Metal: Three-dimensional artwork created by the artist through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals.
- Mixed Media: Work in which two or more mediums are combined to form one piece.
- Photography: Photography, both digital and film, that has not been manipulated to achieve results beyond what could be produced in a traditional dark room.
- Wood: All work created by the artist that is hand-tooled, machine-worked, built-up, turned or carved in wood.
- Miscellaneous: If you feel as though your product does not fit into the above categories, please select miscellaneous and give a detailed description of what you are looking to sell.
- PayPal — If you are paying by credit card, please check the indicated box and when your application is received, you will receive an invoice requesting payment including directions on how to pay with your Credit Card using PayPal.
- Check – Please include your check with your application. Make the check payable to JART, Inc., Mail to:
Spotsy Arts Festival
PO Box 274
Montross, VA 22520
- Checks will be deposited upon receipt. Please note that a deposited check does not equal acceptance into the show.
- A $35 fee will be charged each time a check is returned for insufficient funds.
- Booth fee payments will be returned in full less a $25 processing fee if you are not accepted into the show.
Application Due Dates
10’ x 10’ Space(Artist/Artisan) – $300 –
Application received BEFORE Apr 1
10’ x 10’ Space(Artist/Artisan) – $350 –
Application received AFTER Apr 1
Tentative Festival Schedule
Friday 8 am – 7 pm and Saturday BEFORE 10:00 a.m.
Set Up (a detailed site map and instructions for setup/unloading/loading will be sent prior to the Festival) PLEASE stop by the Welcome Tent to pick up your packet and to let us know you have arrived.
Saturday 6 pm – 8 pm
Reception/Awards Ceremony, open to those participating in the judging for Festival Prizes.
Saturday 10 am –5 pm Spotsy Arts Festival hours
Sunday 11 am – 4 pm Spotsy Arts Festival hours
Sunday 5 pm -? Take down
RULES and WAIVERS
- This event is held RAIN OR SHINE.
- Displays must be self-contained. Exhibitors are responsible for their own display as well as water and electricity, if needed. Tents, tables and chairs are NOT provided.
- Generators, if used, must be quiet and its cords may not cross streets or walkways.
- Tents must fit a 10×10 foot space. Canopy tents are suggested, can be any color and should be weighted on all corners. The tents need to be made of fire retardant Fabric.
- Only artists accepted in to the Spotsy Arts Festival are permitted to participate. Subletting, selling or giving space to anyone is not permitted.
- All work and displays must stay within your designated spot. No boxes, extra merchandise or debris should be visible. The assigned area must be kept clean throughout the event and be left spotless afterwards. No soliciting merchandise or services.
- Exhibitors must participate both days for the full duration of the show, unless prior approval is granted
- Amplified music is not permitted, except for entertainment contracted by the Festival Director.
- Photographs will be taken during the Festival. It is understood these photographs can or will be used in future advertising and promotions.
- Each Exhibitor must have their own insurance.
- All local laws must be followed.
- Must agree to be responsible for the collection of Virginia State Sales Tax.
- Must assume all of the risks in participating in the Spotsy Arts Festival, which includes
JART, Inc. and Spotsylvania County, as an Exhibitor, Vendor, Performer or Volunteer
and any and all associated activities including but not limited to —
- Waive, Release, Discharge, Indemnify and Hold Harmless from any and all liability JART, Inc. Spotsylvania County and any of their employees, directors, consultants, Members of the Board, volunteers, representatives, agents, assign successors, contractors, suppliers, exhibitors, vendors, event sponsors regarding any and all claims that my participation could give rise to any claim or otherwise cause liability.
- Exhibitors may cancel a for any reason, however there will be NO REFUNDS for any reason.
If you work in more than one medium, a separate application must be submitted for each medium.